Thus, the birth of the "My Sentiments Exactly" Project: I have written down and numbered 96 "Sentiments" on little slips of paper, folded them neatly, and placed them into a pretty glass jar.
1) A view of or attitude toward a situation or event; an opinion.
2) General feeling or opinion: "racist sentiment".
Synonyms: feeling - sense - opinion - emotion - sensation
My "Sentiments" are one or two words, that I would like to be reminded of, attributes that I feel I already poses but often forget, or that I respect and would like to further explore.
The "My Sentiments Exactly" ritual is simple:
1) First thing in the morning, select five "Sentiments" from the jar
2) Choose the one I feel is most appropriate on that particular morning
3) Put that word into the "used" envelope, and the other four back into the jar
4) Investigate what that word means to me (in the context of: past, presant, future, specific, and abstract)
5) Do my best to live by that word throughout the day.
Today's Sentiment is: #20 - Understanding
And to help with better understanding, different points of view, here are two photos of the same scene, taken at the same time of day, from a slightly different angle.